Castaway Odyssey – eARC

Is Available!

This entry was posted in Snippets, SpoorSnippet. Bookmark the permalink.
Skip to top

Comments

10 Responses to Castaway Odyssey – eARC

1. Drak Bibliophile says:

Please, if you purchase the eARC, don’t spoil the story for those who haven’t.

I’ll admit that there are only two snippets left to post.

2. AG says:

And I have to work tomorrow. Well, I guess I know what to do all Sunday.

3. LucR says:

Bought the eARC this morning and just finished it. Quite good read, and quite a few interesting plot twists. I’m looking forward to the next installment in the series!

4. Amanda says:

Bought the e-arc, loved it! Any idea when the next one is going to come out?

Also, I remember there’s a short story that goes with it, but I can’t for the life of me remember *where* I read the short story… Any care to clue me in?

• Drak Bibliophile says:

I suspect you’re thinking of “Disaster” by Ryk Spoor.

Originally it was posted on the Main Baen site.

It’s currently in the “Free Stories 2015” collection (link below).

As the title says, you can download it for free. :grin:

• joat says:

The interesting part about that short story is that it seems 3 shuttles survived the event…

Wonder if the crew of shuttle LS-42 will be the main attraction of the next book? :)

• Drak Bibliophile says:

IIRC that’s what Ryk has said/hinted.

• Technically it says three COULD have. I don’t think I’m going to go to that well AGAIN. That’d give me a way-too-big cast and, to make it interesting, I’d have to think of a third INTERESTING sequence of events for a shuttle-crew to go through that would still leave them alive and still get them marooned.

But I could change my mind…

• Drak Bibliophile says:

Ah, my mistake.

Oh by the way, I do see what you mean about thinking of a “third interesting sequence of events”.

On the other hand, I thought “no way could TheWriter top that” and TheWriter proved me wrong. [Wink]

• Amanda says:

I’d love to read it if you could think of it… And as for the big cast…. I’ve been reading some books recently where they seem to be thinking “bigger cast = much better” and I’m not sure I agree!

And I was thinking of that 3rd shuttle when I was reading the short last night…. And thank you, Drak, that was indeed what I was thinking of!